- the process of preserving a condition or situation or the state of being preserved.
- the work of keeping something in proper condition, care or upkeep; incl. steps to avoid something from breaking down.
- the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
- act of gathering information about consumers’ needs and preferences.
- the process of assessing the viability of a new good or service through research conducted directly with the consumer which allows a company to discover the target market and record opinions and other input from consumers regarding interest in the product.
- patterns and trends.
- what is meant by a word, text, concept or action.
- intended to communicate something that is not directly expressed.
- intend to convey or refer to (a particular thing, signify.)
- what’s referred to be understood.
- intervention in a dispute in order to resolve it.
- an effective way of resolving disputes without the need to go to court.
- third person – who helps both sides come to an agreement.
- the faculty by which the mind stores and remembers information.
- something remembered from the past.
- a particular procedure for accomplishing or approaching something, especially a systematic or established one.
- a procedure, technique, or way of doing something especially in accordance with a difinite plan.
- way imply a manner in which a thing is done or in which it happens.
Micro – Management
- control every point, however small of ( an enterprise or activity.)
- in business management, this is a management style whereby a manager closely observes or controls the work of subordinates or employees.
- THE WELL INTENTIONED : these bosses want to demonstrate their care and work ethic, so they “keep a hand in the mix.”
- THE WORRIERS : they are terrified of failure and think they must control decision making.
- THE BRAINWASHED : these bosses worked for MMers who trained them to think it’s normal leadership.
- THE BULLIED : these bosses are kept on a tight leash by their own managers and are expected to follow suit with their staff.
- THE CORRECTLY CAUTIOUS : they have yet to develop a trusting relationship with those they manage. Or, to be more blunt – the staff’s performance needs to improve before the manager can exercise less control.
- THE CONTROL FREAK : they enjoy their power and don’t wnat to share it with others.
- are allied with the power of colour, becoming friendlier and more flexible. From the premise of eliminating disorder, confusion and the superflous, as a way to regain from and a sense of our environment. Interiors are reduced to the basic, becoming a universal style that everyone can enjoy. By showing the elements in the simplest and clearest way possible, an environment is created which appeals directly to the senses. As a philosophy aiming to improve society, minimalism establishes the guidelines to eliminate distractions and material things from domestic environment, creating homes where people can find balance. This effort of simplification creates space where a wider margin of freedom, where the individual feels like the master of the habitable space, not like its servant.
- the quality or condition of being modern.
- a modern way of thinking.
- as a topic in humanities and social sciences is both a historical period, as well as the ensemble of particular socio-cultural norms, attitudes and practices that arose in post medieval Europe and have developed since, in various ways at various times, around the world.
- make partial or minor changes to (something.)
- to alter partially.
- to change something such as a plan, opinion, law or way of behavior (thinking.)
- the origin and development of morhphological characteristics.
- the formation of landforms or other structures.
- biological process that causes an organism to develop its shape.
- concerns fundamental question of how biologival form and structure are generated.
- a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.
- a set of facts and arguments used in support of a proposal.
- internal and external factors that stimulate desire and energy in people to be continually interested and committed to a job, role or subject, or to make an effort to attain a goal.
- having many sides.
- having many different aspects or features.
- someone or something with many features or perspectives to consider. A person whi has many different talents in all kinds of fields and subject areas is an example of someone who is multifaceted.
- a large number of people or things.
- the mass of ordinary people without power of influence.
- the state of being numerous (many.)
- be in charge of ( a business, organisation, or undertaking.)
- succeed in surviving or in achieving something despite difficult circumstances.
- the process of dealing with or controlling things or people.
- trickery, deceit.
- the organisation and coordination of the activities of a business in order to achieve defined objects + (planning) + (resources.)
- Acquire complete knowledge or skill in (a subject, technique or art.)
- gain control of; overcome.
- the source from where all copies will be produced.
- the quality of being composed of matter.
- fascination by the nature and quality of a material, its colour and grain, the way that it is cut and fits together. The care shown in how materials are employed tells a story about the value that a community places in its built environment.
- Powerful concept (used to be secondary consideration.)
- Study proposes that the impact of the built environment on the natural environment can be mediated by adopting a sustainable approach to building materials selecting and specification.
- of only average quality, not very good.
Mental Intelligence (IQ)
- our ability to analyse, reason, think abstractly, use language, visualise and comprehend
- a system of methods used in a particular study activity.
- is the systematic, theoretical analysis of the methods applied to a field of study. It comprises the theoretical analysis of the body methods and principles asociated with a branch of knowledge.
- a community, place, or situation regarded as encapsulating in miniature the characteristics of something much larger.
- humankind regarded as the representation in miniature of the universe.
- a representation of something on a much smaller scale (relevant to Renessaince.)
- a stone set up beside a road ro mark the distance in miles to a particular place.
- a significant stage or event in the development of something.
- a significant point in development.
- is a specific point in time within a project lifecycle used to measure the progress off a project towards its ultimate goal.
- It is a reference point that marks a maybe event or a branding decision point within a project.
- is a significant event in your life.
- start of a new chapter.
- sub-objectives or stages into which a program or project is divided for monitoring and measurement of work performed.
- give false or inaccurate information.
- lack of information – sometime deliberate.
- misleading information.
- a three-dimensional representation of a person or thing of a proposed structure, typically on a smaller scale than the original.
- a thing used as an example to follow or imitate.
- a simplified description, especially a mathematical one, of a system or process, to assist calculations and predictions.
- a particular design or cersion of a product.
- a person employed to display clothes by wearing them.
- fashion or shape (3D figure or object) in a malleable material such as clay or wax. Able to be hammered or pressed into shape without breaking or cracking.
- unassuming in the estimation of one’s abilities or achievements.
- (of an amount, rate or level) relatively moderate, limited or small.
- free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions.
- having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one’s merits, importance.
- free from ostentation or showy extravagance.
- not extreme.
- a very brief period in time.
- concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour.
- holding or manifesting high principles for proper conduct.
- a lesson that can be derived from a story or experience.
- standards of behaviour (judgement.)
- accepted code of dogma.
- governing principles of a group.
- relating to the reason or reasons of acting or behaving in a particular way.
- the state or condition of being motivated or having a strong reason to act or accomplish something. We know that these students have strong motivation to learn.
- of or involving several dimensions.
- a property of space extension in a given direction. A straight line has one dimension, a parallelogram has two dimensions, and a parallelepiped has three.
- a measurement extent of a particular kind, such as length, breadth, depth, or height.
- an aspect or feature of a situation.
- the amount or number of things that something affects or influences.
- vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.
- Written or printed signs representing vocal or instrumental sound.
- the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity.
- universal language = even tough you might not understand the lyrics, the melody is always able to let you understand what the song is about.