- a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action.
- the aim or purpose.
- (in platonic thought) an externally existing pattern of which individual things in any class are imperfect copies.
- Satisfying one’s conception of what is perfect; most suitable.
- existing only in the imaginatio, desireable or perfect but not likely to become a reality (depressing.)
- a person or thing regarded as perfect.
- a system of ideas, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
- the science of ideas, the study of their origin and nature.
- one most closely (valued) held set of values and feelings, and it acts as the filter through which we see everything and everybody. In fact, these beliefs are often so close to us that we do not realise that they are there.
- Set of beliefs.
- take or follow as a model.
- resistant to a particular infection or toxin owing to the presence of specific antibodies.
- protected or exempt, especially from an obligation or the effects of something.
- show(someone) to be involved in a crime.
- convey (a meaning) indirectly through what one says, rather than stating it explicitly.
- archaic : to fold or twist together : entwine.
- “to connect or involve in something.”
- an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence.
- an imitation of a person or thing, done to entertain.
- a mark impressed on a surface.
- a graphic or pictorial representation of someone or something.
- the printing of a number of copies of a book, periodical, or picture for issue at one time.
- an especially marked influence or effect on the senses or the mind.
- a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning (facts.)
- facts provided or learned about something or someone.
- what is conveyed or represented by a particular arrangement or sequence of things.
- Organise for a purpose.
- the ability to assess and innitiate things independently.
- the power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do.
- an act or strategy intended to resolve a difficulty or improve a situation; a fresh approach to something.
- The ability to assess and initiate things independently, the power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do, an act to.
- in an insistent or demanding manner (habit.)
- in a cntinuous or repetitive way.
- earnest or emphatic in dwelling upon, maintaining, or demanding something; persistent; pertinacious.
- firm in asserting a demand or an opinion; unyielding.
- compelling attention or notice : an insistent tone.
- demandind attention or response (urgency.)
- firmly saying that something must be true or done.
- … apathetically, halfheartedly and inadequately.
- of extraordinary quality, as id arising from some external creative impulse.
- fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
- to make (someone) want to do something : to give (someone) an idea about what to do or create : to cause (something) to happen or be created : to cause someone to have (a feeling or emotion.)
- the action of establishing something as a convention or norm in an organisation or culture (custom.)
- process which translates an organisations code of conduct, mission, policies, vision and strategic pains into action guidelines applicable to the daily activities of its officers and other employees. it aims at integrating fundamental values and objectives into the organisations culture and structure.
- combine with another to form a whole.
- bring (people or groups with particular characteristics or needs) into equal participation in a membership of a social group or institution.
- become or make more intense.
- of extreme force, degree or strength.
- having or showing strong feelings or opinions; extremely earnest or serious.
- to become greater, more serious , or make extreme.
- intention or purpose.
- (a look of expression) showing ernest and eager attention.
- the dependence of two or more people or things on each other.
- the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else.
- state of psychological and or physiological reliance on certain substances resulting for their habitual use – impulsion to use.
- situated on or relating to the inside of something.
- inner / inside.
- existing or taking part in the mind or soul : mental.
- the inner or spiritual nature : charater.
- Worthy Slideshow
Interior Design / Architecture
- Hybrid profession whose roots trace back to architecture, the fine and decorative arts, graphic design and even home economics.
- The real subject of interior design is ENCLOSED SPACE – that is, the SETTING within buildings, that house human activity. First and foremost, interior designers are concerned with how people EXPERIENCE these settings : CULTURAL IMPACT.
- ” Form follows strategy.”
- The profession interior design is qualified by education, experience, and examination to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces for purpose of improving the quality of life, increase productivity, and protect thehealth, safety and wellfare of the public.
- If i.d. as a sustainable practice is to concern itself with the understanding of current conditions to propose new forms of practice, it must develop its own critical history, theory, and philosophy based on the nature and quality of human habitation.
- The i.d. community, its schools, offices, and related industries generate a rich body of knowledge about human beings and the environment. This community must begin to share this knowledge and connect the activity in academia with the research of firms and manufacturers. This sharing must also address and reach out to begin to build value in design. In the light of such a complex task, developing the designer is a life-long educational process, a process that must be emphasized and supported more fully than it is now by the the educational system.
- Field has enlarged to include differentiated pracctices in the public realm – design of work place, commercial spaces, industrial applications, furniture, entertainment environment, and immersive virtual worlds.
- The expanding field of interiors puts more demands on academia and on the need for establishing a strong commitment to continuing education.
- …education reference where the building blocks of questioning, creative thinking, insightful research, and problem seeking are not introduced as an essential part of elementary or secondary education.
- Full-time academics required to contribute to a theoretical and philosophical basis for Interior Design.
- Students are expected to make connections – between culture and design, between themselves and the world.
- COOPERATIVE MODEL : architectural firms that have both design and technical teams who work collaboratively on larer corporate projects.
- SEPARATED MODEL : firms that deal i the tenant improvement realm, architects oversee project management, while interior designers contribute colour, materials and treatments.
- THIRD MODEL : the interior design firm, which features the ‘designer as decorator’ works mostly residential.
- ARCHITECTURAL MODEL : architects work as “master builders” and integrate both external and internal space conception, detailing and completion.
- Profession needs to serve as an educational advocate to the public – workling relationships between parties. Transforming information into innovation.
- Students are considering and looking at : industrial design, graphic design, furniture design, fashion design, and architecture, and education in interior.
- STUDENTS are expected to broadening their relationship with architectural education whilte they maintain intimate relationships with user-centered design, lighting, details, furnishings, and materials.
- ” As a professional, I expect to work in a field which is increasingly open to experimentation and which invites the designer to take part in creating real environments, not just shells. I expect colour and delight to become more important to interior design. I expect good design to be seen as an important factor in a happy life.”
- Requires ALUMNI.
- Constantly evolving and changing – design is always rethinking itself, reflecting on its parameters, questioning existing constraints with its contribution.
- is the combination of the Art Interior design, the science of Architecture and then Industrial Design (rebecca lewis) – to transform an interior into a high performance environment, that enhance the quality of life for people who use it. From a grade listed refurbishment or loft conversion to a conversion of an old industrial building into a new usable home or work space – i.a. assess your needs and define the goal to maximise each space.
- the action of explaining the meaning of something ( of another creative, artist work.)
- an explanation or way of explaining.
- a stylistic representation of a creative work, or dramatic role.
- a conception of another’s behaviour.
- requires you to first understand the piece of music, text, language circle and then you give your explanation of it.
- the action of inventing something.
- creative ability.
- the examination or observation of one’s own mental and emotional processes.
- contemplating of one’s own thoughts and feelings + sensations.
- helps to determine what’s really important.
- the quality of being inventive; creativity.
- the ability to create or design new things or to think originally.
- devising; contriving.
- very good at thinking of new and original ideas.
- the action or process of investing money for profit.
- put(money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.
- Entangle, Implicate imply getting a person connected or boung up with something from which it is difficult to extricate him/herself.
- to be involved is to bring more or less deeply into something – means being a part of something, or be associated with it.
- the ability to come up with an original, relevant, useful, worthy idea – that solves a problem.
- Showcase design process.
- What you put in your portfolio, is what you get in return. People have short attention spans – don’t let them hunt.
- Detail – combo – angle and colour.
- the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.
- a transformation that leaves an object unchanged.
- distinguished character or personality of an individual.
- the qualities, the belief.
- the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.
- is described as a biological organisation which develops through adjustment (settlement), assimilation and assessing the social world ; and moves over time.
- form a mental image or concept of.
- suppose or assume.
- unimportant under the circumstances; irrelevant.
- spiritual rather than physical.
- drive, force, or urge( omeone) to do smething.
- drive forward, propel (motion) – or as if by the exertion of strong moral pressure : force.
Important vs. Urgent
- IMPORTANT : of great significance or value (result driven.)
- URGENT : requiring immediate action or attention.
- We react to urgent matters. Important matters that are not urgent require more initiative. More proactivity.
- make or become better (quality.)
- (of something regarded as unpleasant) continuing without pause or interruption.
- never stopping, especially in an annoying or unpleasant way.
- unable to be divided or separated.
- the capacity to have or effect on the character development or behaviour of someone or something or the effect it self.
- changing a person or thing in an indirect but important way.
- (a person, animal or group) live in or occupy (a place or environment.)
- to exist or be situated within; dwell in.
- to occupy as a place of settled residence; habitat.
- (of a product, idea,etc) featuring new methods, advanced and original.
- the process of implementing new ideas to create value for an organisation (new service.)
- the capacity to gain an accurate and deep understanding of someone or something.
- an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding.
- Penetrating mental vision of discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlaying truth.
- A clear, deep, and sometimes a sudden understanding of a complicated concept.
- information beyond the obvious.
- the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
- a sudden brilliant or timely idea.
- the drawing if of breath; inhalation.
- influence : the divine quality of (something) writing or words; of a person so influenced.
- the process of feeling (being) mentally stimulated to do ro feel something.
- Relating to or prompted by instinct; done without conscious thought.
- natural, unlearned, will to survive.
- behaviour or reactions are not thought about, planned or developed by.
- feeling, idea or action is one that you have or do without thinking of.
- a direction or order.
- detailed information about how something should be done or operated.
- the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.
- state of being whole and undivided.
- the faculty of reasoning and understamdimg objectively, especially with regards to abstract matters.
- as distinguished from the power to feel amd to will the capacity of knowledge.
- the capacity for rational or intelligent thought especially when highly developed.
- term used in studies of the mind and refers to the ability of the mind to come to correct conclusions about what is true or real, and about how to solve problems.
- act in such a way as to have an affect on each other.
- means to communicate and react to the people you are involved with – talking, dancing.
- relating to more than one branch of knowledge.
- combining or involving two or more academic disciplines of field of study.
- it is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries.
- the feeling of wanting to know or learn about something or someone.
- giving/ wanting attention to someone/something.
Emerged as a distinct field results in part of the 20th century phenomenon of build – outs and renovations, where the design of a building skin and core is separated from the design of its habital space.
i.a. tends to question the limits of space and relates “the vocabulary of the interior – wallpaper/ carpets/ excessive material palettes ‘ to inform diverse
project and practices.
Inside out vs outside in.
There’s no “interior or exterior” – it’s a spirit and way of feeling, seeing, living, question is what resides in all places between it all (Oliver Leblois.)
holistic creation development and completion of space for human use or humanistically conceived space following Vitrivius Dicta – firmness, commodity and delight.
i.a. is no longer limited in practice by medium or location (the interior), but what is now characterised by a more multi-disciplinary agenda.
- Intergrated finished interiors completed with a building.
- completion of space in an existing enclosure.
- the preservation, renovation, or adaptive re-use of buildings with an interior focus.
- Incl. but not limited to – verything listed under Interior Designer.
- Analyse client’s needs, goals and life safety requirements.
- Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design.
- Formulates preliminary design concepts that are aesthetic, appropriate, functional and in accordance with codes and standards.
- Develops and presents final design recommendations through appropriate presentation media.
- Prepares working drawings and specifications for non-loading bearing interior construction, reflected ceiling plans, lighting, interior detailing, materials : finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment in compliance with universal accessibility guidelines and all applicable codes.
- Collaborates with professional services of other licensed practitioners in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and loadbearing design as required for regulatory approval.
- prepares and administers bids and contracts documents as the client’s agent.
- Review and evaluates design solutions during implementation and upon completion.
- if designers share the trend in design education towards problem seeking (rather than problem solving) and a more fully theorised approach to habitation, they can better asses how their own practices will best mesh with an increasingly complex world and better rethink and refresh their approach to the work of design to meet the world’s challenged. In looking at the education of interior designer, it is essential to develop an approach to design education that embraces the changing understanding of both interiority and the practice, theory, a long-life learning of design.
- private practice, residential interiors, commercial product, store – home consulting, furniture and materials showroomgs, antiques, object appraisal and commissioned art positions.
- the quality of interior space.
- is a concept of boundedness and openness, both physically and culturally.
- PHYSICALLY : is the product of boundaries.
- CULTURALLY : it implies the presence of the other, of the exterior, to create the conditions that render it inside.
- the SPIRIT in which these buildings are conceived sees all these together at work as one thing.
- Both the physical and the virtual biounds of interiority, are expanding and opening, as is the understanding of what constitutes design and who is a designer.
- “… attempting to the condensing and intensifying capacities of interiority, finding in containing space with its appeals to, and affecting of, refuge, shelter and limitation – a political concentration, even when that communing may be as modest as a soliditary confining space.
- The question arising such isomorphism is, what allegiances, political compromises, spatial configurations, and freedoms might interiority portend now??
- in terms of UNSETTLEMENT?
- “… wonder is the motivating force behind mobility in all its dimensions.” interiority mobilises unanticipated encounters with new species of space and thought.
- explain the meaning of (information or actions.)
- translate orally or into sign language the words of a person speaking a different language.
- relate or connect to one another.
- having a mutual or reciprocal relation.
- an intervening space, especially a very small one.
- a space, especially a narrow/ small one, between things and parts.
- frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants.
- using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning.
- based on feelings rather than facts or proof.
- easy to understand or operate without explicit instruction.
- means having the ability to understand or know something without any direct evidence or reasoning process.
- Steve Jobs : more powerful than intellect.
- is our innate inclination toward a particular behaviour ( opposed to a learned response.)
- traced back to Plato.